Inspire your People through Assessments¶
A motivated workforce of people can give the best outcome for an organization. OpenERP can maintain this motivational process by periodical evaluation of employees’ performance.
The regular assessment of human resources can benefit your people as well your organization. For efficient periodical evaluation of employees’ performance, you need to install the hr_evaluation module. The configuration wizard to install this module is shown below:
To create and manage new evaluations, you can use the menu Human Resources ‣ Evaluations ‣ Evaluations.
Each employee can be assigned an evaluation plan. These plans define the frequency and the way you manage your periodic personal evaluation. You will be able to define steps and attach interview forms to each step. OpenERP manages all kinds of evaluations: bottom-up, top-down, self evaluation and final evaluation by the manager.
The main features of the evaluation process covered by OpenERP are as follows:
- Ability to create employees evaluation.
- An evaluation can be created by an employee for subordinates, juniors as well as his manager.
- The evaluation is done under a plan in which various surveys can be created. Each survey can be answered by a particular level of employee hierarchy. The final review and evaluation is done by the manager.
- Every evaluation filled by employees can be viewed through a PDF form.
- Interview Requests are generated automatically by OpenERP according to employees evaluation plans. Each user receives automatic emails and requests to perform evaluation of their colleagues periodically.
You can analyse evaluation data through the menu Human Resources ‣ Reporting ‣ Evaluations Analysis.
Define different evaluation categories¶
You can create new evaluation plans from Human Resources ‣ Configuration ‣ Periodic Evaluations ‣ Evaluation Plans. Click New and fill in the following details:
- Evaluation Plan : A name for the evaluation plan.
- First Evaluation in (months) : This will be used to schedule the first evaluation date of the employee when selecting an evaluation plan.
- Periodicity of Evaluations (months) : This depicts the delay between each evaluation of this plan (after the first one).
You must also create Evaluation Plan Phases, to let your plan evolve from one stage to another and be able to take appropriate action at every stage, like sending an e-mail. You can configure the following settings in an evaluation plan phase:
- Phase : A name for the evaluation plan phase.
- Wait Previous Phases : Set to True if you want all preceding phases to finish before launching this phase.
- Sequence : The sequence number of this phase.
- Action : Select an action, either Top-Down Appraisal Requests, Bottom-Up Appraisal Requests, Self Appraisal Requests or Final Interview.
- Appraisal Form : The survey to link to this phase.
If you use the GTK-client, it will be possible to open the form view of an evaluation plan phase. Here you will be able to customize more settings, like whether you would like to send an e-mail for this phase and the corresponding layout for it. You can also choose to send the results (answers) of this phase to the managers and employees.
Plan assessment dates¶
Once an evaluation plan is created, you can use it in an evaluation of an employee. Create a new evaluation from Human Resources ‣ Evaluations ‣ Evaluations. Select an Employee for whom this evaluation is being designed and select a Plan too. Here you must specify a deadline for the evaluation in the Evaluation Deadline field.
Although, evaluation reminders are sent based on the First Evaluation in (months) and Periodicity of Evaluations (months) fields in Evaluation Plans form. You can use these to regulate assessment dates of evaluations that utilize a corresponding plan.