Configuring Accounts from A to Z¶
Accounts have be configured to meet your company’s needs. This chapter explains how to modify your chart of accounts, journals, access rights, initial account balances and default values for the initial configuration of your OpenERP accounts.
Good accounting software requires great usability and simplicity of data entry, as well as flexibility in configuring its different components. You should be able to easily modify the accounting module to meet your own needs, so that you can optimise it for the way you want to use it.
OpenERP lets you adapt and reconfigure many functions to ease the task of data entry:
- adding controls for data entry,
- customising the screens,
- filling fields automatically during data entry with data that is already known to the system.
- Periods and Financial Years
- Managing your Tax Structure
- Chart of Accounts
- Payment Terms
- Opening and Closing a Financial Year
- Steps to Start your Financial Year
- Putting Analytic Accounts in Place