Use the technique outlined in Installation and Initial Setup to create a new database, openerp_ch02 . This database will contain the demonstration data provided with OpenERP and a large proportion of the core Open ERP functionality. You will need to know your super administrator password for this – or you will have to find somebody who does have it to create this seed database.
Start the database creation process from the Login page by clicking Databases and then completing the following fields on the Create Database form:
- Super admin password : by default it is admin , if you or your system administrator have not changed it,
- New database name : openerp_ch02 ,
- Load Demonstration data checkbox: checked ,
- Default Language : English (US) ,
- Administrator password : admin (because it is easiest to remember at this stage, but obviously completely insecure),
- Confirm password : admin .