With traditional SaaS solutions, restrictions like the use of proprietary formats tie you to a supplier from the minute you decide to use their services. Such lock-in strategy makes it nearly impossible to choose another supplier without substantial switching costs. Also, nothing prevents the supplier from increasing their prices after 1 or 2 years. With OpenERP Online, you will not fall into such an inflexible situation.
We guarantee that the software running on OpenERP Online is exactly the same as the Open Source official version of OpenERP. Any improvement made on OpenERP will be ported online and vice-versa. Therefore, you can switch from the SaaS version to the local version anytime. This allows you to adapt your infrastructure to the solution that suits your needs the best - whenever you want. Moreover, you are able to change your service provider anytime and continue using the exact same system. Hence, you are not dependent on your hosting or even maintenance partner. In addition, OpenERP works with standard, open formats and programming languages which allow you to export your data and use it in any other software. These advantages give you total control over your data, your software, your platform.
|Feature||OpenERP Online||Traditional SaaS|
- Cloud-independent: Switch to the local application (OpenERP) anytime
- Vendor-independent: Multiple providers exist to guarantee competition and low prices
- Platform-independent: Work on any operating system and with any browser
- Software-independent: Interface OpenERP Online with 3rd party web-services
- Format-independent: Export your data in standard reusable format