The OpenERP Solution¶
OpenERP’s management of documents is unique and totally innovative in its integrated approach. Its complete integration with the company’s management system solves most of the problems that are encountered when you use independent document management systems:
- Login and the management of access rights is integrated with that of OpenERP for controlling access to different document types,
- Ultra-rapid access to documents, which are directly accessible through your email client or through the company management software,
- Automatic assignment of meta-information comes directly from information contained in your OpenERP login registration,
- Document workflow, which automatically follows OpenERP’s documentation process, provides complete synchronization between the systems,
- Document classification is determined by OpenERP itself so that the structure that is created is always synchronized between the systems,
- Automatic indexation and classification of all documents produced by OpenERP for maximum efficiency.
This section is about how to get started with the document management system from its installation to advanced use with FTP access.
To install OpenERP’s document management system, you just need to install the document and document_ftp modules through the Reconfigure wizard by selecting Knowledge Management, and further on, Shared Repositories (FTP) for installation. As the module installation proceeds, the system automatically proposes that you configure the FTP server.
Once the module has been installed, you will see a new entry in the main menu called Knowledge.