To manage alerts on products or partners, you can install the warning module. Once that is installed, you will be able to configure a series of alerts on the partners or products by setting parameters in the new Warnings tab on each of the forms.
You can select any of the following types of warnings and create different warnings for purchase and for sales:
- No Message: This option will not display a message.
- Warning: This option will show the user the message entered.
- Blocking Message: The message displayed will cause an exception and block the workflow.
You can activate alerts for a series of events. For each alert, you should enter a message that will be displayed when the event concerned is started.
The available warnings in the partner form are:
- Create a warning for a sales order,
- Create a warning for a purchase order,
- Create a warning for a delivery to a partner (or receiving an item),
- Create a warning when invoicing a partner.
For example, if you enter an alert for the invoicing of a customer, for an accountant entering an invoice for that customer, the alert message will be attached as shown in the figure Alert from invoicing a customer:
The alerts that can be configured on a product form are related to:
- The sales of that product,
- The purchase of that product.