Subscribe & Start¶
We want to make it very easy for you to test OpenERP or put it into full production. You have at least three starting points:
- no need to install OpenERP, you can test it through http://demo.openerp.com,
- evaluate it on line at http://www.openerp.com and ask OpenERP for a SaaS trial hosted at http://www.openerp.com/online, or the equivalent service at any of OpenERP’s partner companies,
- install it on your own computers to test it in your company’s system environment.
Before installing OpenERP, you may like to test the features and performance of the system according to your company’s needs. In such a scenario, you are recommended to use the OpenERP Online Free Trial Subscription. You can get a month’s free trial on OpenERP’s http://www.openerp.com/online, which enables you to get started quickly without incurring costs for integration or for buying computer systems.
You will be required to enter some basic details during the registration process which will enable you to get started as well as receive support. After successful registration, you will be able to configure and use OpenERP online.
Many of OpenERP’s partner companies will access this, and some may offer their own similar service. This service should be particularly useful to small companies that just want to get going quickly and at low cost.
OpenERP Online always uses the latest official stable version of OpenERP. The OpenERP Online offer includes several services: hosting, database management, stable security update, backups, maintenance, bug fixing and migrations.
After the free trial expires, you may choose to continue using OpenERP Online, especially if you would like to bypass technical difficulties. This server is also recommended for small companies with fewer than about fifteen employees. It is provided in the form of a monthly subscription with a fixed price per user. You can find the details of current pricing and payment options at http://www.openerp.com/online.
For every subscription, the following hardware resources are provided:
- One application server for OpenERP, with web and GTK access
- Two incremental backup servers
- An access to the control center, backup and monitoring system
It also includes the following services:
- Maintenance services:
- bug fixes analyzed within 3 open days
- migrations to each new version
- security updates.
Hosting at high bandwidth in our Europe or U.S. data-centers
Maintenance and 24/7 monitoring of your servers
Using the online offer, you may also take benefit of services at an extra fee on OpenERP Online: support, training, help to customise or configure, data importation, etc. You can also contact an OpenERP partner; most of them provide services on OpenERP Online as well.