OpenERP Installation on Windows¶
In this chapter, you will see the installation of OpenERP v6.0 on a Windows system. This procedure is well-tested on Windows 7.
You have two options for the installation of OpenERP on a Windows system:
- All-In-One Installation
This is the easiest and quickest way to install OpenERP. It installs all components (OpenERP Server, Client, Web and PostgreSQL database) pre-configured on one computer. This installation is recommended if you do not have any major customizations.
- Independent Installation
If you choose this mode of installation, all the components required to run OpenERP will have to be downloaded and installed separately. You will have to opt for an independent installation if you plan to install the components on separate machines. This mode is also practical if you are already working with, or plan to use, a different version of PostgreSQL than the one provided with the All-In-One installer.
- OpenERP All-In-One Installation
- PostgreSQL Server installation and configuration
- OpenERP Server Installation
- System Requirements
- Downloading the OpenERP Server
- Installing the OpenERP Server
- Starting the server
- Monitoring OpenERP Server
- Configuring OpenERP Server
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed the OpenERP Server
- OpenERP Client Installation
- OpenERP Web Installation
- Troubleshooting and Windows Complementary Install Information
- Updating your OpenERP Installation